Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these regulations are to define the manuscripts and papers that are contributed to the society's Auto Journal (hereinafter referred to as "society journal"), Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers (hereinafter referred to as "Trans. KSAE"), and International Journal of Automotive Technology (hereinafter referred to as "IJAT"), as well as those contributed to the society's proceedings of conference, workshops, and symposiums, the branches' symposiums, and the society's other publications, in accordance with Article 39 of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers (hereinafter referred to as "society") Articles of Association.
Article 2 (Contributors)
Those who contribute manuscripts and papers in the society's publications shall, in principle, be the members of the society with the following regulations having to be followed:
- 1. Those who contribute manuscripts to the society journal may include non-members according to the contents thereof, and this shall be determined by the editor-in-chief of the society journal.
- 2. The paper's first author and corresponding author, who contributed in the Trans. KSAE, must be members of the society.
- 3. Non-members may contribute papers to IJAT.
Article 3 (Contribution Details)
Article 4 (Acceptance Date)
- ① The acceptance date of manuscripts and papers shall be the date when the arrival of them at the society is confirmed.
- ② The first acceptance date of the papers, which require correction or supplementation of the contents, shall become nullified if not returned by the author within 30 days from the date when the review results are sent by the society.
Article 5 (Decision of Publication)
- ① The manuscripts to be published at the society journal shall be determined by the editor-in-chief of the society journal.
- ② The papers that are published in Trans. KSAE and IJAT shall be the papers adopted according to the society's paper review regulation, and such adoption shall be determined by the editor-in-chief of Trans. KSAE and IJAT, respectively.
- ③ The proceedings of conference shall be determined by the Vice-President of the relevant conference.
- ④ The papers for the branches' symposiums shall be determined by the branch chairperson.
- ⑤ The manuscripts and papers for workshops and symposiums shall be determined by the relevant people in charge of this job.
Article 6 (Publication Fee)
- ① The authors, whose papers are determined to be carried in Trans. KSAE and IJAT, must pay a prescribed publication fee depending on the number of published pages for publishing the papers in the journal. Also, they shall pay the prescribed separate purchase cost for purchasing offprints, where applicable.
- ② The publication fee may be exempted or a prescribed manuscript fee may be paid to the authors, whose invited review papers are published in the journal.
- ③ A prescribed manuscript fee may be paid to the authors, whose manuscripts are published in the society journal.
Article 7 (Responsibility)
- ① The authors of the manuscripts and papers that are published shall be responsible for the published papers.
- ② The authors, who contributed manuscripts and papers to the society, shall observe the society's Research Publication Ethics Code.
Article 8 (Copyright)
- ① The authors, whose papers are determined to be carried in Trans. KSAE and IJAT, shall submit an agreement to transfer the copyrights of the papers to the society.
- ② The society shall have copyrights on the published papers, and they shall not be reproduced without the permission of the society.
- ③ The society may release the manuscripts, including the original papers that are submitted by the author, in printed or online form.
Article 9 (Writing Instructions of the Draft)
The manuscripts and papers to be contributed to the society shall be written according to the society's "Bylaws for Writing Drafts and Papers", and the authors of the papers must check the "Author's Checklist".